Also accompanying this time of year is a lovely thing I like to call Hell Month. It's not actually a month, as it straddles the dates, but it is a month-long period of time where all one's classes are warming up for finals and dropping essays and assignments out the wazoo. Yes, I just typed wazoo. Anyways, even though I'm only taking three courses, I'm still feeling the pressure a bit - I can remember from last year what it was like to have five courses gearing up toward the last push, and am not really looking forward to that at all.
I'm a bit concerned over what is going to happen toward the end of April - I know I've got three exams, and that after them Hanna is visiting me. I'm thrilled to pieces about this. The part I'm not so in to is the fact that after she visits, both she and I are going our separate ways for the summer: me to Alberta and Camp Horizon, her to a Co-op posting (hopefully) near Mississauga. I know we've done the four months apart dance before, and survived, but by no means does this alleviate the anxiety surrounding it. I suppose that anxiety is the wrong word, all things told, but I don't know a better one right now. I guess it's safe to say that I'm going to miss her, and that I won't be taking kindly to the people at camp who will no doubt tease me about said emotion. I guess I'll survive just fine.
Reasons to hate distance:
- It makes me worry even when I know I shouldn't
- Occasions where this occurs include but are not limited to...
- Receiving texts from tipsy or drunk friends that I can't check up on
- Seeing something on Facebook that isn't all that bad but is made out to be
- Wondering where the hell someone is right now
- It makes me fall out of touch remarkably fast
- I haven't talked to anyone in my immediate family (aside from Dad, who calls every day or so) in over a week and a half. And every time I muster up the wherewithal to do something about it, they're out at some soccer event, or dinner, or away for the weekend...
- Alternatively it makes me hold on too long
- Distance has been known to make me run away from feelings and not really deal with them because they're not staring me in the face. Currently, this is not an issue, but in the past (first year)...let's say I ran for a long time...like past Christmas, before things caught up with me.
- I like actually seeing people. With my eyes, and without the help of a computer screen.
- In spite of this, I'm willing to settle for the computer, and as such, have the feeling that I spend my life glued to it.
All that aside, I'm really enjoying spring in Ontario, now that I can actually call it spring (being the 27th of March). It's sunny out, and aside from the rain, I really enjoy my walks to the bus. On the other hand, it is exam season coming. I'd better brace myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment