March 30, 2010

Genetics

So I've been reading facebook notes, and there seem to be a lot out there to the effect of "Girls, wait for that special guy." What I'm wondering is this: why aren't there notes about "Guys, wait for that special girl"? We all know which of the two genders starts acting stupid in the presence of an attractive potential significant other...and it's not the one that is stereotypically sensitive. Yes, we boys tend to be rather stupid when it comes to emotions, dealing with those, and even realizing we've got them to begin with. I've had a couple friends tell me they love a girl...and, strangely enough, they seem to be surprised with the realization a fair bit of the time. Honestly, and this is being asked as an observer with no experience, shouldn't one be aware of the deepening of feelings? Shouldn't love not sneak up on you? Shouldn't it be blatantly obvious?

I mean, really. The feeling and accompanying realizations are significantly earth-shattering (in some perspectives) that they shouldn't really be able to sneak up on you, unless you're deliberately ignoring them...wait, these are testosterone-infused hominids we're talking about - that case is entirely possible.

Damn. You'd think that a couple million years of evolution would be enough for the male brain to catch up to the female one. Apparently not.

No comments:

Post a Comment