March 11, 2009

Family

Well, I'm back again, with more of what is happening in my life. I don't usually thank people for things they don't know they did, but at this point, I'm actually happy for the first time in a long while, and so I feel obligated to thank my family. Now, don't misunderstand me, I'm not thanking my biological family, though they too are awesome folks and I couldn't ask for better role models or supporters. No, I am talking about my adopted family. So, here goes.

I want to thank this first member of my adopted family for being silly and cheering me up no matter how grumpy I am.
The second member gets thanks for being able to talk earnestly and still be hilarious at the same time.
Thirdly, this person gets a thank you for being just who she is, although I'm not sure I know all of who she is yet.
Fourthly, thank you to all of those who accepted me for what I am, and didn't try to convert me in some way.
And now for the long list. Thanks for...
Making me open up
Making me smile when I was feeling miserable
Always listening
Always being there for me, even when I didn't want you to be
Being silly at all the right moments
Defending me when I didn't see the point
Being my rock when I need one
Suffering through all of my awkwardness
Taking me for what I am
Making me proud (I know, big step) to be who I am
Telling me I'm awesome, and that I'd better believe it
Making life interesting
Talking to me about what matters
Having a bead on what I'm feeling
Pseudo-dating, no more words needed

The list goes on, but most of it can't be put into words anyways. I'm glad you're happy, and I am happy and proud to call you the sister that I wish I had had. That would have been awesome. Alas, we met slightly later than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment