To be completely fair, the only reason I'm posting even now is because I am currently bored out of my mind, having already eaten lunch. I have had the past week off, during which I did some serious thinking, and I subsequently migrated back out to my camp-job-site late on Friday. Since then, I have done the following:
- Visited Drumheller, for the sole purpose of seeing the Royal Tyrrel Museum of Paleontology
- Hiked for two hours in the Badlands
- Watched 1/2 of the excellent movie The Legend of Bagger Vance
- Done more harm than good
- Slept in a tipi
- Stood on a dry swamp
So, effectively, I have been a busy little 18-year old. God knows I needed something to do yesterday, but I kind of wish I had planned some stuff for today as well. Of course, that would have prevented my posting this blog post on such a warm, beautiful day. Because we all like to spend all of our time inside, especially when the weather is nice (for once. Seriously, it rains a lot out here). And so, here I am, staring into a cathode-ray tube while the sun shines and the birds sing. Ten bucks says that I will step outside and it'll cloud up and rain. In fact, it's almost guaranteed.
Oh, I almost forgot. I brought a friend with me to Drumheller, and then into Calgary, where I showed her all of the 'places of my youth' - the spots in which, effectively, I hung out in for the past couple of decades, give or take a couple years. I had a good time, and I hope she did as well, and I was even able to wrangle out a dinner invitation from Mom (not difficult, as James says, you just have to show up around 6:30 or so). I also managed to show her My Favorite Ice Cream Shoppe (true story, it's actually called that in real life), where indecision struck her when called upon to choose one flavour of ice cream out of, say 36 or 40. Completely understandable, but still bloody hilarious.
Well, I had better stop this, as my wrists are starting to cramp up - proof that I haven't really touched a keyboard in over a couple weeks. Man, I am turning into a Hutterite. If I start handing out turkeys and claim that they are organic, you'll know why.
My, my you're keeping busy :) I dunno if I could see you as a Hutterite though. And choosing an ice cream flavour is hard!! Tell whoever this was that I sympathize.
ReplyDeleteEG
Go Bagger Vance!
ReplyDeleteHey, I LIKED that movie, and I'm not even a golfer.
Cheers and happy summer...for the next few days anyway.