December 20, 2009

2010

Well, folks, here it comes. We are now approaching (and if you say 'The Twilight Zone' you'd be half-right) the end of our first decade in the second recorded millennium (according to the Christian dating system - sorry, no stardates here). How does it feel, to have experienced year '10'? Has it in fact registered that after January 1, 2009, you are in fact in the 2010th year?

This year, for all of it's really strange quirks, has been an interesting one for me, with plenty of ups and downs (usually occurring at the same time). More recently, I dislike waiting, and conclave is over. Mr Patterson, I really miss your blog. Please start up a new one. Seriously, I used to check The P Is Silent every day. I haven't heard anything lately, but then again, I'm not in real contact with many of your former students except for myself, where I can't usually help but be in touch. You were always very upfront about things, and I really enjoyed reading your views on the world. In fact, that's why I started blogging. Unfortunately, I don't read the news very often, and this is something that is going to have to change soon, I believe. I rather like being caught up in the world, however, I am not fond of the effort expenditure involved. Still, I think it'll end up being worth it.

And now, onto the meat of the matter: Christmas is coming! And with that, approaches my swift return to Brock University, courtesy of Thorold, Ontario. I know I'm usually pretty stoic about things, to the point of...heaven forbid...not taking care of myself (though it's nice to have someone force it down my throat occasionally), but I'm quite nervous about this particular transition in my life. I'm looking forward to it, but to the point of overlooking the travel aspect. I just want to be there already, and the festive season be damned. Of course, there's also the part of me that, this time around, really doesn't want to cut ties anymore. So this time around, I'm going to try harder to keep in touch with everyone. I'm tired of being the one who fades into the background because I want to, I'd rather do it because I genuinely don't like someone (which doesn't happen very often).

No comments:

Post a Comment