So it's coming up on exam season. I know for some of you people out there, this is actually coming up on Easter break (or, you have recently experienced this rather wonderful long weekend), but for your average university-going student, Easter weekend is spent doing work. This is not to say that we don't want to be elsewhere - say, with our families - but the workload of courses that seems to drop onto our shoulders come late March is such that a great many of us do not venture home, wary of the distractions that family, good food, and one's own room provide.
Fortunately, or unfortunately, I do not have that option. Flying home for a weekend is really dumb to begin with, never mind when work needs to be done. Add to that that Mom, Dad, James, and Thys are all on a 'family vacation' (less eldest son) in Sedona, AZ, and you get a situation where I do not venture beyond the confines of my rather contained existence. I suppose that this is just what happens when one moves out of the house and leaves younger siblings behind - the family shrinks to suit it's new environment.
On to the real topic, though: the magical force of nature known as 'entropy'. It is by this force that everything returns to a natural and comforting state of randomness. This is a state known mostly in chemistry and rooms belonging to six-year-old boys. Fortunately for us (meaning the universe in general), things tend to revert and/or disperse themselves until they're back in a randomly generated order. Or lack thereof. My room is a prime example of this. Unless I willfully clean it all the time, it quickly degenerates until it is a complete mess - clothes on the floor and all that.
Fortunately, this state tend to irk me if it lasts, and so I took it upon myself (having spent the entire weekend, less Sunday afternoon, in my room) to clean up. It went splendidly. Take that, entropy.
I know this foe will be back, but hopefully not for a while.
That's all for now. See you on the other side.
No comments:
Post a Comment